Religion and Theology
This learning activity will provide resources for describing, developing, and managing your personality (i.e., relational style: thinking; doing, feeling; and relating to others) against the backdrop of various people puzzles (e.g., extrovert/introvert; project/people oriented; thinking/feeling/doing, etc.). Interestingly, our interpersonal arena could be described as a bumper-human world as various behavioral pressures continually bless, bother, and bruise us. Understanding that “personality pressure” is a felt experience that often reveals what makes us tick and get ticked off with different people empowers us to become personality-, emotionally-, and relationally-wise. It comes as no surprise to realize that how differently we think, feel, and relate will influence our relationships, even the people-helping relationship. Keep in mind that it really does not matter what your personality is. What matters most is that you learn to control it through appropriate resources and best fit strategies rather than allowing your personality to be in control.
• You will begin to control your personality, and solve people puzzles, by learning to describe the “Me You See”, develop a crisp picture of the “Me You Want to See”, and determine best fit strategies to become the “Me You Want to Be” within the company of a mentor you have asked to help you become the “Me” that best reflects God’s best version of “Me”.
• As a pastoral counselor, controlling or managing your personality or relational style within a helping relationship is called demonstrating fit (i.e., showing a counselee that you intend to achieve relational alignment with his/her style in a manner that validates his/her concerns: Kollar, 2011, pp. 95–6; e.g., which involves talking and listening in ways to maximize the presence of the personal: Stewart, 2012 Bridges not Walls, p. 32).
• Anticipate applying what you learn to a counseling relationship with a pre-determined care-seeker from the case study—Crossroads: A Story of Forgiveness.
You will complete this assignment in two phases; feedback and assessment will be provided through two submissions of Solving My People Puzzle (SMPP). The following sections will guide you through the preparation and submission process of SMPP Phase 1: Describing My Relational Style Report:
? Components of Phase 1: Describing My Relational Style……………………. p. 2
? Phase 1 Directions……………………………………………………………………………… pp. 2–4
? Tips for a Successful Description of your Relational Style………………….. pp. 5–6
? Appendix…………………………………………………………………………………………… pp. 7–8
o 360° Interview Sample
o Communications Skills Test Snapshot Report
Components of Phase 1: Describing My Relational Style
(Solving My People Puzzle: Phase 1 is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 2.)
• Correct file name for word document (i.e., PACO500_SMPP1_[StudentInitials])
• Cover Sheet
• Table of Contents
• 360° Interviews (at least 2)
• Communication Skills Test Snapshot
o Personal Report of Communication Apprehension (PRCA) assessment (recommended not required)
• Snapshots of DISC Dot Charts (Graphs 1 and 2)
• SMPP Phase 1 Questions/Answers
• References (at least 6 sources will be cited; place References on its own page)
• Grading Rubric (on its own page)
Phase 1 Directions:
1. On the first day of Module/Week 2, email the 360° Interviews (the interview template is located in Course Content>Assignment Instructions; see Appendix A for sample) to at least 2 people that know you well enough to answer the interview questions. Request interviews to be returned within 2 days through email attachment.
• Copy/paste all interviews into your “Solving My People Puzzle: Phase 1: Describing My Relational Style Report” with sufficient organizational clarity to aid reader assessment. This will likely require at least 2 pages.
2. Self-administer the online Communication Skills Test (see Appendix B sample) and copy/paste the SnapShot report on to the page following your 360° Interviews. At least 1 citation is required from the Communication Skills Test.
• Online registration is required to take the 10-minute communication skills test (25 questions) at the following website: http://testyourself.psychtests.com/testid/2151
• The free snapshot of results provided is sufficient to develop talking points in the “Solving My People Puzzle” (SMPP) assignment. If desired, a full report with interpretation is available for purchase (online report $4.95; an additional PDF version is $1.95 extra; price subject to change). Credit card or PayPal accepted.
• If you are not familiar with capturing an image from a website or an online document, download Jing. It is free and tutorials explain how to copy and insert images into documents. http://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/
o Optional communication assessment: Consider taking the Personal Report of Communication Apprehension (PRCA) assessment. It is a simple form to complete and will add further description to your communication profile: http://www.hawaii.edu/gened/oc/PRCA-24.pdf
3. Self-Administer the online Professional/Leadership DISC Profile from Uniquely You Resources, Inc. At least 1 citation is required from DISC Profile.
• Locate the assessment login code in How to Solve the People Puzzle.
o NOTE: This text should only be purchased new in order to have the assessment code from Uniquely You Resources.
• Go to www.uniquelyyou.com. On the left hand side of the page, click on Code Login, enter your code and submit. If you have previously taken an online profile with Uniquely You, simply login. If you have not, please click on new user and set up a new account; save your login information for future use. This should take you directly to your survey.
o Make sure to give careful attention to assessment instructions. Typically, the directions ask that you answer all questions with what you are MOST often and LEAST often like under pressure.
o For example, as a ministerial student handling responsibilities in the midst of life, describe what you are like most of the time and what you are least like most of the time. Do not answer based on what you want to be or what you think others want you to be; just answer according to what you are like most of the time and least like most of the time. See example questions below and notice you must choose one response in each column.
o You will see two buttons at the bottom of each assessment page. Do NOT select the SAVE button – the assessment will think you have completed it. Instead, select the CONTINUE button!
o After completing the assessment, save it as a PDF to your desktop.
o If you have any questions or problems, please contact Uniquely You @ 800-501-0490, Monday-Friday, 9-5 EST or Laura Long @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Take snapshots of the Dot Charts for Graph 1 “This is Expected of Me” and Graph 2 “This is Me” and paste onto the Phase One pages after your Communication Skills Test Snapshot. See example snapshots of both Dot Graphs below:
4. Once assessment information has been collected and placed in template, concisely answer the required questions (below) in the Phase 1 template. Support your answers by remaining closely connected to the course readings and assessment information within APA research-based guidelines.
SMPP Phase One Questions
1. Who is the “Me I See”?
– Identify Core DISC index
– Concisely describe core needs, motivations, and shading
– Concisely describe overall strengths,
– Concisely describe overall shortcomings (i.e., without judging yourself, simply describe these weaknesses, blind spots, etc.)
– Concisely describe any helpful/harmful interpersonal patterns
– Use observational data from others to clarify/confirm the description of the “Me I See”
2. What Hallmark Purpose* will govern your relational style?
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.