Social Issues Group Dialogue: Socio-Economic Status
The final assignment will be an opportunity to demonstrate your abilities to articulate your own perspective on an issue, recognize and make sense of the perspectives of others, and to inquire into a topic.
Topics (choose one):
1. SES & Healthcare
2. SES and the Responsibilities of the Rich & the Poor
3. SES & Government activity in affecting SES status
4. SES & the Price of Privilege
5. SES & the intersection of identities
6. Other topics as approved.
Sharing Your Own Perspective on an Issue (4 points):
Choose one of the topics and corresponding questions below, and share your full response to that question, based on the information you currently possess without doing any additional research or inquiry into the matter. You should certainly do some careful thinking and reflection on the issue, and have that reflected in the first part of your paper.
• Specifically, what is your bottom line, what are the reasons you are using that result in your coming to that conclusion, and what are the values operating most in your perspective? How might various aspects of your own social identity, such as your race/ethnicity, national origin, belief system/faith, family of origin, political orientation, etc., inform your perspective? What are one or two questions that, if you could answer them, would make you feel more confident of your conclusion? Make sure that if you use any terms or phrases that are unclear or ambiguous, you clarify those by defining or explaining them.
Diversity of Perspectives (8 points):
Next, seek out articles, editorials, video clips (such as C-Span), etc. that represent three other perspectives addressing the issue you’ve chosen, and describe those perspectives, using the framework above. No more than one of these can be derived from an interview you conduct.
• What is the bottom line of each of the other three perspectives concerning this issue? What are the main reasons they are relying upon to get to their conclusion, and what might you say are the values informing their perspective? You might need to speculate on this latter part, so make your most informed guess, and justify your decision. What else, other than their value preferences, (such as aspects of their social identity—race, class, gender, national origin, belief system/faith, political orientation, etc.) might be informing their perspective? If they are using abstract terms or concepts in their perspectives, how are they defining them?
o Find a diversity of perspectives, which could mean finding some stories that end up in the same place as you, but by different reasons, as well as stories that are truly divergent (even radically different) from your own.
? Note: When sharing the reasoning of others, as in this part of the final project, it is imperative that we acknowledge that each perspective is held by someone who is as fully human as we are, and that they have come to their conclusions as thoughtful, intelligent, and rational beings. Further, no alternate perspective is a saint because they agree, nor a demon because they disagree with our own perspective. In light of these provisions, make sure that you think critically of every alternate perspective you examine, identifying what makes sense (from their frame of reference) as well as where their perspective is less clear or persuasive.
Analysis and Reflection (3 points):
Finally, explore how your earlier perspective has been informed or affected by your research into the perspectives of others. What surprised you about those other perspectives? How have they helped you to clarify your own perspective on the issue, and how have they raised questions for you concerning your own thoughts and beliefs about the issue?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.