the operational level the planning and prosecution of the Allies’ campaign in Sicily in July 1943
Operation Essay: Analyse at the operational level the planning and prosecution of the Allies’ campaign in Sicily in July 1943.
Operation Husky (the code name of the campaign in Sicily) has lots of stuff in the planning side. However, the essay has to be balanced between planning and prosecution.
The analysis should be written in operation level so we should not be drifted into the tactical level nor to stay only on strategic level.
General structure of the essay:
Introduction (~600 Words)
1. What will this essay look to answer?
2. What is the structure of your essay?
3. Why are we looking at the Op level in Sicily – was the operational level used or not? Was the doctrine utilised?
4. Did some of the commanders in theatre utilise it?
5. What are your conclusions going to be (state them here).
Context and Definitions (~1000 Words)
1. What is the definition of the Operational level? Look to discuss
a. Origins of the Op level (Soviets 1936 ‘Deep Attack’ and ‘Blitzkrieg’).
b. The origins in the western world (US in the 1982???? Field Manual and the British in 1989).
c. State that the Operational level in contested.
2. What were the Grand Strategic aims for Sicily (Money? Power? Hegemony etc???)
3. Are the operational aims coherent with the Grand Strategic aims?
4. How did the command and control of the Campaign work?
5. Who owns the operational level in the Sicily campaign?
The Campaign (~600 Words)
1. Give a brief description of the campaign
a. Give a brief description why it occurred
b. Try and break it into phases if applicable
c. Give a brief description of the outcome
Analysis of the Planning and Execution of the Campaign (~3200 Words)
1. Was the campaign planned (whether the commanders knew it or not) at the operational level?
2. Give examples of operational successes and failures. Concentrate on:
a. Jointery (E.g. Army / Navy / Air Force joint operations)
b. Did the commanders in the campaign show strong or weak operational appreciation?
c. What was the single service culture like?
d. What was the joint service culture like?
3. Were the battles co-ordinated into a coherent campaign?
4. Was there operational level awareness either at the tactical / operational or strategic level?
1. State your conclusion as per your introduction.
2. State that the formalized operational level did not occur until after this conflict even though the Soviets had coined it in 1936.
3. What does the operational level do for warfare? Does it give a ‘handrail’ for operational commander to work towards that helps ‘operational art’
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.