Chapter 3 & 4 Sample Problems
5. GFK Roper Consulting conducts a global consumer survey to help multinational companies understand different consumer attitudes throughout the world. In India, the researchers interviewd 1000 people aged 13-65 . Their sample is designed so that they get 500 males and 500 females. a) Are they using a simple random sample? How do you know? b) What kind of design do you think they are using?
17. For your marketing class, you would like to take a survey from a sample of all the Catholic Church members in your city to assess the market for a DVD about the Pope’s visit to the United States. A list of the Churches show 17 Catholic Churches within the city limits. Rather than try to obtain a list of all the members of all these Churches, you decide to pick three churches at random. For those Churches, you’ll ask to get a list of all current members and contact 100 members at random. a) What kind of design have you used? b) What could go wrong with the design that you have proposed?
47. Sammy’s Salsa, a small local company, produces 20 cans of salsa a day. Each case contains 12 jars and is imprinted with a code indicating the date and batch number. To help maintain consistency, at the end of each day, Sammy selects three bottles of salsa, weighs the contents, and taste the product. Help Sammy select the sample jars. Today’s cases are coded 07N61 through 07N80. a) Carefully explain your sampling strategy. b) Show how to use random numbers to pick the three jars for testing. c) Did you use a simple random sample? Why?
21. Cisco Systems Inc. announced plans in March 2007 to buy BebEx Communications Inc. for $3.2 billion, demonstrating their faith in the future of Web conferencing. The leaders in market share for the vendorsin the area of Web conferencing in 2006 were as follows: WebEx 58.4% and Microsoft 26.3%. Create an appropriate graphical display of this information and write a sentence or two that might appear in a newspaper article about the market share.
23. The Wells Fargo/Gallup Small Business Index asked asked 604 small business owners in October 2011 “how difficult or easy do you think it will be for your company to obtain credit when you need it?” 22% said “Very difficult,” 21% “Somewhat difficult,” 28% “About Average,” 11% “Somewhat easy,” and 11% “Very Easy.” a) What do you notice about the percentage listed? How could this be? b) Make a barchart to display the results and label it clearly. c) Would a pie chart be an efficient way of communicating this information? Why or why not? d)
29. Google Inc. derives revenue from three major sources: advertising revenue from their websites, advertising revenue from thousands of third-party websites that comprise the Google network, and licensing and miscellaneous revenue. The following table shows the percentage of all revenue derived from these sources for the period 2007 to 20111. a) Are these rows or columns percentages? b) Make an appropriate display of these data. c) Write a brief summary of this information.
2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
Google Websites 64% 66% 67% 66% 69%
Google Network Member’s Websites 35% 31% 30% 30% 28%
Other Revenues 1% 3% 3% 4% 3%
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.