Toxic substances: the basic concepts of recognition, evaluation, storage, transportation, and control of physical, chemical, and biological health hazards
The substance(s) assigned for your project:
Requirements for project # 1 and presentation format.
– All assignments in 627 are strictly individual, identical work will not be accepted.
– There will be penalties for late reports.
– Presentation will be posted on Blackboard (Discussion Board) for the class review and comments.
– Presentations should be in PowerPoint (PPT). Overall format including visual effects, font size, margin size, coloring, graphs, charts, figures and etc. should be (professionally) reasonable.
PPT is expected to include min 35-40 slides.
– Title page should include project title, student(s) name, course title and date.
– Project 1 should include purpose, definitions, requirements, etc, you found MOST IMPORTANT when reviewing regulations and guidelines related to the toxic and/or flammable substance assigned .
Please give an overview of the requirements and regulations and include all important messages the standards and regulations send to users by your experience / professional opinion and describe in details into your project PPT presentation (but it doesn’t mean that you should cut and paste from the standards).
There should be at least 5 references cited, not more than one of them can be online source. Use a combination of valid website, journals and books.
If you use other references to do that it will be a big plus.
Max possible points for project 1 = 125 pts (plan= 5pts + PPT= 55 pts + posting PPT on blackboard= 10 pts + Comments = 55 pts)
– Project plan sent to me for review and comments due Jan 11, 2014.
– PPT presentation sent to me for review and comments due Jan 31, 2014.
• Students have to submit Power Point presentations to the Discussion Board as an attachment/file and everyone could view the project – Feb 4, 2014 (not earlier). Please send me your PPT before you post on Discussion Board. PPT presentations sent to me after Feb 4, 9 am will not be accepted).
– Students have to review all projects # 1 (posted on Discussion Board by Feb 4, 2014), accumulate your comments in ONE file “627 – YOUR NAME- project 1- PPT – comments”, and send me ALL comments as attachment (one file).
Please don’t post on Discussion Board your comments, just send to me.
Note: Please when finish your review, send just ONE file when all reviews are completed and comments accumulated in ONE word document.
Deadline for submission all comments is Feb 10, 2014.
– Code of Federal Regulations 29 CFR, Part 1910 General Industry (OSHA Regulations, Editions 2001-present)
29 CFR PART 1910 – OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH STANDARDS
Subpart Z — Toxic and Hazardous Substances
1910.1030 – Bloodborne pathogens.
o 1910.1030 App A – Hepatitis B Vaccine Declination (Mandatory)
– Leonard, J. E. and Robinson, G. D., 2009, Managing Hazardous Materials, Institute of Hazardous Materials Management: Rockville, MD.
– C. Strong and T. Irvin , Emergency Response and Hazardous Chemical Management: Principles and Practices, St. Lucie Press, 1996, ISBN 1-884O15-77-8
– Sacarello, Hilderglade L.A., The comprehensive handbook of hazardous materials: regulations, handling, monitoring, and safety, Boca Raton: Lewis Publishers, 1994.
– Woodside, Gayle, Hazardous materials and hazardous waste management: a technical guide, New York: Wiley, 1993.
– Code of Federal Regulations 40 CFR, Government Printing Office
– Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene, 3rd, 4th, or 5th Edition; Pierce, J. Thomas; National Safety Council, Chicago, IL. 1989.
Chapters: “Overview of Industrial Hygiene”, “Industrial toxicology”, “Gases, Vapors, and Solvents”, and other chapters containing Evaluation, Air Sampling, Measuring, Control, and PPE selection methods.
– Textbooks and articles on hazardous materials and industrial toxicology.
Notes: Using reference books please include (by scanning) all pictures, photos, tables, etc., within the topics (text) you assigned to use for essay/presentation.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.