(Brand Management) Based on the analysis undertaken by attachment1, prepare a brand plan the next 2 years in UK, aimed at overcoming the current difficulties and
improving upon the brand’s market position in UK.
IMPORTANT NOTES: All knowledge should be referred from 2 Core reading textbooks advised below.
Please also refer to the instructions of attachment 2-Guideline of the report.
In an individual report of 2,500 words (Times New Roman 12 font, using 1.5 line spacing), based on the analysis undertaken by attachment 1 – Horlicks’ difficulties of
its brand, prepare a brand plan (in report form) for the next two years in UK, aimed at overcoming the current difficulties and improving upon the brand’s market
position in UK.
The report should be written as if it were to be presented to the Board. It must therefore be convincing, comprehensive, practical and sustainable. It should fully
utilise teaching given in two core text books and contain all relevant models. At least 3 models taught in class should be utilised(Models are shown below). The report
should also contain academic reading (articles and books). In addition to the two core text books. It should contain references to at least five other academic
Core reading textbooks:
1. Aaker, D. (2002) Building Strong Brands. London: Simon & Schuster.
2. Elliott, R. & L. Percy. (2011), Strategic Brand Management. 2nd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Structure of the report:
1) Table of Content
3) Summarize the difficulties of the brand faces :The report should open with a brief overview of the problems which the Horlick faces. (See attachment: Horlicks’
difficulties of its brand)
4) Repositioning Plan: It should then contain a section which proposes changes to the brand (the repositioning strategy).
5) Communication Plan + Implementation Plan: Benefits, identity, use, user, packaging, communication, price and other elements of the marketing mix should be covered.
There must be a communication Theme for the Communication Campaign.
6) Brand Auditing: Finally there should be a brief auditing plan to ensure that the brand maintains its recovery.
8) Reference List
1) Repositioning Plan:
• When repositioning the brand, you may choose emotional branding, heritage branding or CSR.
• You must also need to include this model in repositioning plan
• Repositioning Srategies: Change the tangible attributes and then communicate the new product to the same market/Change the way a product is communicated to the
original market/Change the target market and deliver the same product/Change both the product (attributes) and the target market
• Positioning of Brands:
2) Communication Plan + Implementation Plan:
• These 2 models must be included in the report and clearly decide which promotion tool and channels will be used in different buyer readiness stages, and
explain the reason of each of your decision.
Model1: Integrated marketing communications(IMC)
Model2: Buyer readiness stages
• There must be a communication Theme for the Communication Campaign.
• When communicating the brand benefit, it Should contain three components:
? Attributes – Objective components of the product
? Characteristics – Subjective claims made about the product
? Emotional – Feelings associated with the product
Model3: Aaker’s Customer Relationship Model
• Aaker’s Customer Relationship Model is also useful in the communication plan.
Horlicks’ difficulties of its brand in UK:
• Brand awareness – Weak communication – does not engage with consumers (IMC), not enough promotional activity (last major campaign was in 2011).
• Packaging – Mix of both a traditional and modern image – not very consistent. It also does not make consumers aware of the long history (Horlicks was launched
first as a malted drink). For low involvement goods, brand awareness is very important (makes brand recall lower)
• Differentiation – Ovaltine also focuses on nutritional value. Ovaltine has a ‘chocolatey’ taste – unique selling point in terms of taste and nutritional
benefits. Difficult to identity differences between Horlicks and Ovaltine – both malted-based products and nutritional.
• Relevance – Horlicks is usually associated with the cold weather and winter which means Horlicks appears less relevant in warmer seasons. Trends for ‘fast
lifestyles’, increased caffeine-based beverages consumption e.g. coffee, energy drinks. Originally seen as a family-brand, but the traditional family has
• Social-esteem – Brand image is an old-fashioned brand drank by older generations – not as ‘cool’ as coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
• Emotional bond – Removed traditional brand identity and image (as a nighttime drink) – loss of emotional links to feeling comfortable, warm, safe. Used to be
seen as a family nourishment – remember memories with family and home
• Brand Identity – Changing core brand values which makes the brand identity keep changing – causing confusion and leading to loss of consumer trust e.g. sleep
• Overall, they still have not removed their previous iconic brand identity (for instance their latest campaigns have all focused on Horlicks being drank in the
evenings or at night. Only packaging has changed to emphasise nutritional value). à Failed to successfully communicate consistent new brand identity (nutritional) to
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.