Econ 370 China’s Economic Development;
1. The Fundamental Institutions of China’s Reform and Development
1) What are the key elements of China’s regional decentralized authoritarian (RDA)? List and explain.
2) Recall the industrial development of China. When did the TVEs arise? What roles did the local government play in the rise of the TVEs?
3) Did the rise of the TVEs relate to China’s RDA regime? Use the RDA regime to explain the rise of the TVEs.
(Hint: Read Xu, Chenggang (2011), “The Fundamental Institutions of China’s Reform and Development”, section 5.1.)
2. Environmental issues in China
Read the following news reports about the “APEC blue” and answer the following questions.
The articles are “How Did Beijing Achieve ‘APEC Blue’?” from Bloomberg BusinessWeek and “APEC Blue Has Chinese Factories Bleeding Red, Economists Say” from The Wall Street Journal.
1) According to the two articles, what is the “APEC blue”?
2) How does the APEC blue relate to the trade-off between economic growth and a clean environment? List some of the costs of the “APEC blue”.
3) Suppose that you were a local governor. Under China’s current RDA regime, would you choose economic growth or a clean environment? Explain.
4) Use your answer in question 2) and 3) and explain how China’s RDA regime relates to its current environmental issues.
3. China’s Exchange Rate Reform and the Chinese Economy
China is currently facing pressure to liberalize its currency. If China liberalizes its Yuan, it would be a major exchange rate reform in China and it is very likely that the Chinese Yuan would rise against the US dollars and other currencies. How would this reform affect other aspects of the Chinese economy? Let’s conduct a simple analysis.
1) Would Chinese products become cheaper or more expensive in the world market after the liberalization of the Chinese Yuan? Would this affect global demand for the Chinese products?
2) Use your answer to question 1) and explain what would happen to the Chinese factories and China’s labor demand if China liberalizes its currency.
3) Migration has been a major factor in absorbing excess farm laborers. Use your answer to question 2) and explain what would happen to rural migrants if China liberalizes its currency.
4) Income from migration has become an important source of rural income in China today. Use your answer to previous questions and explain how China’s exchange rate reform affects its rural income.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.