We are going to start with question 4 of your case studies. In this question it specifically asks you to discuss fitness tests and methods of evaluation that should be
used to assess the client. What you first want to do before starting any kind of physical training is to go through the following:
– professional responsibilities (ex: establishing medical clearance from a physician, establishing your fees and pricing and establishing what your clients goals are
throughout the training program. You can find this information in Unit 12 of your text book.
– methods of assessment testing (ex: body composition test, flexibility tests such as the sit and reach, strength and cardiovascular endurance and muscular endurance
tests that include your 1 Rep Max tests for upper body and lower body, the 12 minute run/ walk test and the 1 minute sit up and push up tests. You can find this
information in Unit 13, starting on page 371 in your text book.
Make sure you explain what assessment tests you choose and why you have chosen these specific assessment tests.
For question 5 it specifically asks you to provide a detailed, comprehensive, 12 week periodized training program including sets, repetitions and exercises.
– To help you start a program you first need to take into account your clients baseline assessments. To clarify after you find out the 1 rep max of this persons upper
body and lower body you know where to start their weight and how many repetitions and sets they should be doing. Knowing that your client is a beginner the general
rule is to start them off on 1-2 sets and 12 repetitions. This is because you want a beginner to get a feel for each exercise that they are doing.
– In your periodized program you are going to split up their overall exercise program into mesocycles. For example Weeks 1-3, Weeks 4-7, Weeks 8-12. For each mesocycle
you are going to design an exercise program that is based on the clients goals. Usually throughout an periodized program you start with lower sets and reps and by the
end of your program or the 12th week your program should improve in terms of sets and repetitions will get higher as well as exercises will become more sports
specific. For example if you know your client is playing golf by the last mesocycle weeks 8-12 you would design an exercise program based on that specific sport.
– As long as your program improves from weeks 1-12 and includes various exercises, sets and repetitions there is no wrong answer. As well you will need to provide a
rational and explanation for your program at the end of question 4. You will do just fine. For periodization I suggest you review Units 14, 15 and 16 in your text
For question 6 it specifically asks you to discuss nutritional strategies and supplement recommendations.
– For your nutrition section what we look for is the use of the BMR and Daily Caloric Requirement. So you want to think what are the total amount of calories this
client is going to need if he is training this much for 1 week. So if you have a client training 3 days you are going to want to calculate how many calories he is
going to need for that added activity. As well you can use one of the nutritional strategies thoroughly explained in the text book including the 1, 2, 3 approach or
the zig-zag approach.
– You can find this information in Units 17, 18 and 19.
Basically for your overall program each part including questions 4, 5 and 6 needs to be thoroughly thought out and explained. It is up to you how you would like to
design your program and as long as you provide a detailed program that includes exercises from the text book, as well if you wanted to use outside research you can.
This is a chance for you to use your creativity and to show us that you can design a long term program for a client. As well if you get stuck on what exercises to use
if you go on our website on issatrainer.com and go under resources we have an exercise lab available to you that includes a data base of many exercises to choose from.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?