pre-hospital disease state
tow papers are attached to this assignment
• Briefly outline some of the major health issues facing indigenous Australians, and current or proposed strategies in reducing the gap in health outcomes that currently exist.
• Discuss the categories of hypoxia, giving an example of a condition and explanation of the mechanism by which hypoxia develops for each subtype.
• Discuss what the oxygen-haemoglobin curve represents, why it has a sigmoid shape, what a leftward or rightward shift of the curve signifies and what factors induce such shifts.
• What are the main categories of antibiotics and their mechanism of action? Why are antibiotics not indicated for viral infections?
• Sepsis is a condition that is often flagged at hospital triage as a “code sepsis” in order to improve patient outcomes. What is sepsis and what are some of the common causes? What signs and symptoms would alert you, as the paramedic, that a patient is potentially septic or in septic shock and how would you manage them? What specific criteria are used on arrival at hospital to allocate such patients to specialised care under the “code sepsis” pathway?
• “Time is brain” is a catchcry used in stroke to emphasise the need for prompt medical intervention. Paramedics have a role in the coordinated approach to stroke management which aims to prevent unnecessary delays in accessing stroke team care. What assessment tools do paramedics use to identify stroke and how do they manage stroke patients?
• What signs and symptoms do patients with a pulmonary embolus (PE) present with? What clinical criteria are used in hospital to predict a likely PE or rule it out as a diagnosis, thus determining the need for further diagnostic testing (such as D-Dimer, CT, MRI or V/Q scans)?
• How is severe acute anaphylaxis treated both pre-hospital (ambulance) and in the emergency department? How do these measures alleviate or reverse symptoms?
• What causes tuberculosis and how is it transmitted? What factors are behind the increase of the condition in Australia and who is most at risk of infection? How is the condition treated?
• With vaccination rates falling, there has been an increase in the rates of diseases such as measles, mumps and pertussis (whooping cough). Discuss the mode of transmission and presenting signs and symptoms of these conditions and include the complications of infection that can arise, where applicable.
Please submit these questions as one paper rather than 10 separate papers, with the questions used as headings. References can be placed after each question or at the end of the paper, depending on your personal preference. Assignments should be submitted via tunrnitin.
• Essay paper – 40% of total mark
o Each question should be no longer than 500 words, not inclusive of your references, +/ – 20%.
o ECU standard guidelines for submission of papers must be followed inclusive of the appropriate APA referencing.
o It is preferable that each question in the paper be treated as a distinct, brief essay, with a brief introduction, body and conclusion followed by references. The questions may be used as headings, but please be aware that this may affect the originality report that TURNITIN generates for you, although an allowance for this is made when the paper is marked.
o The theme of this theory unit is not only to consolidate and broaden your clinical knowledge base but to equally develop your research, professional writing and investigative skills. Therefore DO NOT REFERENCE THE MODULES.
o The essay paper is to be submitted via the TURNITIN portal found directly below the modules in the course content.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.