the relevance of oil to the regional and international relations of Middle Eastern states
1. Explain the relevance of oil to the regional and international relations of Middle Eastern states. Identify the elements of Lucianiís argument that make oil a determinant factor of regional balance of power and explanatory variable in external powersí behavior toward the region. Identify and explain the evidence Luciani provides to demonstrate ìthe compelling link between oil and the consolidation and evolution of the modern state system.î Explain which level of analysis consistent with Lucisaniís argument and which perspective of international relations is most applicable.
2. To ensure a favorable outcome of WWI and to secure its long-term national interest in the Middle East at the end of the war, Great Britain embarked upon a series of conflicting initiatives and agreements that shaped the landscape of the Middle East and simultaneously became fertile grounds for intense and protracted conflicts. List and explain these agreements and examine their impact on the nature and scope of Middle Eastern state boundaries. To what extent these agreements have advanced or impeded the processes of state formation and nation building in the Middle East? Explain whether GB behavior was compelled by structural determinants as the neorealist perspective argues or could GB have, according to the liberal school of thought, behaved differently by overcoming challenges posed by the ìprisonerís dilemma.î Identify at which level of analysis was GB operating, and explain to which school of thoughts Eugene Rogan subscribes.
3. When it comes to the issue of democratization, the Middle East, argues Richard Norton, ìis trapped in some ways outside global trends.î Norton detects several challenges and obstacles which explain why the Arab world has been slow to democratize. List those factors and explain their ramifications on the regional and international relations of the Middle East. Explain why the issue of democratization is relevant to the study of international relations of the region. Which perspective argues about the importance of democratization and what evidence does it provide to support its contention?
4. Peter Mandaville asserts that, “Indeed, Islam has often functioned, not in opposition to, but as a form of, national cohesion.” For all of the countries of the modern Middle East, this assertion reflects the ongoing tension between two set of identities which, according to Mandaville, function as explanatory factors to their foreign policy and international affairs: religion (particularly Islam) and nationalism (secular nation state). What is, according to Mandaville, the nature and scope of the relationship between Islam and the secular nation state and what are the ramifications of this relationship on the foreign policies of Saudi Arabia and Iran on the one hand and Egypt and Turkey on the other hand? Outline the evidence that Mandaville provides to support his contention that the identity perspective is the determinant variable of the regional and international relations of the Middle East. Explain the extent to which Mandavilleís contention is more applicable than other schools of thoughts of international relations.
5. Raymond Hinnebusch maintains that the Middle East’s unique features create a complex reality that defies analyses based on any one conceptual approach to international relations. Therefore, he adds, it is imperative to deploy a combination of several perspectives. ìHeedingî Hinnebuschís advice, authors of several chapters of your textbook have analyzed the nature and scope of the Arab-Israeli and Palestinian-Israeli conflicts by employing several perspectives: Realism (balance of power, security dilemma), Identity (domestic and regional), and Liberal (institutional and ideological). The authors also relied on different levels of analysis to explain the outcome and analyze the ramifications of several ìepisodesî (56 and 67 wars; Oslo Accord) in this protracted conflict. In a comparative analysis manner, outline authorsí logic for choosing their respective perspective and level of analysis; examine the strengths and weaknesses of their respective explanation, analysis, and interpretations; and explain their contributions to your understanding of the Middle Eastís international relations and these two specific conflicts.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.