1) With a local focus on the United States and a consideration of triangulation, the editors of AfroAsian Encounters hope to move “away from the focus on black-white interactions; moreover we do so by examining the interactions of two racial groups now set up in opposition to one another within, for example, contemporary U.S. racial systems” (3).
2) With a global focus and a consideration of cultural hybridities, the editors of Minor Transnationalisms* suggest a term (minor transnationalisms) that describes the creative exchange and relationship between minority or marginal groups. The editors realize that “our battles are always framed vertically, and we forget to look sideways to lateral networks that are not readily apparent… [This is] symptomatic of the compulsory mediation by the mainstream for all forms of cultural production and interrelations among different minority communities. More often than not, minority subjects identify themselves in opposition to a dominant discourse rather than vis-à-vis each other and other minority groups. We study the center and the margin but rarely examine the relationship among different margins” (1-2).
The two quotes highlight a move by cultural studies to examine the intersections of marginalized or subjugated cultures and peoples. Both sets of editors acknowledge dominant culture (the first set of editors recognize “triangulation” and the second set of editors recognize “colonial ideology”), but at the same time, they call for a respect for the capacity and agency of people to create intercultural dialogue without necessarily re-centering or relying on dominant culture.
Read the chapter attached in the file. Write three paragraphs about this chapter. Your writing should amount to approximately two pages.
Provide a title to your thread (indicate the title of the chapter or article that you address)
1) What seems to be the overall issue being addressed ? What are two assertions, claims, or facts that you find most interesting, persuasive, controversial, surprising, or problematic? Explain.
2) In your final analysis, would you say the author succeeded in escaping the black-white binary? Explain.
3) Provide a possible source or lead that the author could look at that would supplement or complement his/her chapter (an article, a film, historical event, video, etc.). What is it about?
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.