Developing a project specification
Your manager has come to you with the idea that she would like to organise a full day of guest speakers to talk about innovative practice in information.
You have been given the following information:
• Budget of $7k (Aus) for the day to cover guest speaker travel and possible speaker payments
• Catering approximately $1000
• Deadline is 10 February 2014
• You must invite people from your relevant professional association but they must pay to attend and you are responsible for setting the fee and generating at least $2k in income from the event
• Note: you are not required to make any profit on this project; $2000 is income and not profit
• Your office has a staff member who is responsible for marketing
• Project management work for IT work is not a new concept in your workplace, but project managing non IT projects is still a little foreign for many non IT staff
• Your manager has said it is up to you to decide if you want to build a project team to tackle this task.
Your task is to develop this idea into a formal project specification for your manager’s approval
• Make any assumptions you like but list these at the end of the document, please be sure to make these as realistic as possible (for example risk management).
• The type of office can be a library (Academic etc.).
• The prescribed textbook (Allan 2004) has a tremendous amount of information that can guide you in putting together this assignment.
• Please use headings to break up the text. Think of the language you will be using, the tone, the audience for the project specification (your manager).
• Develop your project specification by giving it a proper structure (i.e., include table of contents, introduction, body, findings and recommendations, conclusions, appendices (if any), and references).
This assessment item addresses all five of the learning objectives. This assignment looks at developing a project specification document. Areas within a project specification have been covered throughout the entire semester.
Assessment of this assignment will be based on:
• quality of project specification;
• evidence of creative thinking of the issues to be faced;
• provision of definitions and explanations of assumptions and major terms;
• use of a wide range of the literature to support discussion within the written work;
• demonstrated ability to meet the requirements for the presentation of assignments (listed earlier in this Subject Outline);
• written expression, grammar, and appropriate structure; and
• consistent and appropriate referencing.
A guide to the allocation of marks for this assignment follows:
Quality of project specification 15
Evidence of creative thinking of the issues to be faced 10
Provision of definitions and explanations of assumptions and major terms 10
Elements of a project specification 5
Use of a wide range of the literature to support discussion within the written work 5
General quality of argument, use of references, use of examples, presentation 5
Total possible marks 50
Allan, B. (2004). Project management: Tools and techniques for today’s ILS professional. London, Great Britain: Facet Publishing.
Lock, D. (2007). Project management (9th ed.). Aldershot: Gower.
Carpenter, J. (2011). Project management in libraries, archives and museums: Working with government and other external partners. Oxford, UK: Chandos Publishing.
PMdocs. Retrieved from http://www.projectmanagementdocs.com/
Project Management Institute. (2008). A guide to the project management body of knowledge. Newton Square, PA: Project Management Institute, Inc
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.