Introduction to General Chemistry
1. In the Lewis structure for SF2, which of the following is true? A. The central atom is sulfur. B. The central atom is fluroine. C. Sometimes sulfur is in the center; sometimes fluorine is in the center.
2. What word describes the molecular shape of CBr4? A. tetrahedral B. trigonal planar C. linear D. none of these
3. Which of the following has the smallest molar mass? A. SrCl2 B. MgCl2 C. CaCl2 D. FeCl2
4. Which of the following samples contains the greatest number of atoms? A. 1 mole CO2 B. 2 moles He C. 3 moles H2O D. 4 moles CO
5. SF2 is a __________ molecule. A. polar B. nonpolar
6. How many moles of H atoms are there in 0.600 moles of Ca(OH)2? A. 0.300 mol B. 0.600 mol C. 1.20 mol D. 2.40 mol
7.How many hydrogen atoms are in 1.3 mol of ammonia? A. 1.5 X 1023 B. 7.8 X 1023 C. 3.9 D. 2.3 X 1024
8. H2O is a __________ molecule. A. polar B. nonpolar
9. How many chloride ions are in 3.6 mol of CaCl2? A. 7.2 Cl— B. 6.022 X 1023 Cl— C. 4.3 X 1024 Cl— D. 2.2 X 1024 Cl—
10. CS2 is a __________ molecule. A. polar B. nonpolar
11. What is the molar mass of a hydrogen molecule? A. 1.01 g/mol B. 2.02 g/mol C. 3.03 g/mol D. 6.022 X 1023
12. In the Lewis structure for CF4, the number of lone pairs of electrons around the carbon atom is A. 0. B. 1. C. 2. D. 3.
13. Which of the following is true? The formula mass of a compound is equal to _______ A. the sum of the atomic masses of all of the atoms in the compound. B. the sum of the masses of all the protons in the compound. C. the sum of the masses of all the electrons in the compound. D. the sum of the masses of all the neutrons in the compound.
14. How many moles of N atoms are there in 0.882 moles of (NH2)2CO? A. 0.441 B. 0.882 C. 1.76 D. 3.53
15. If you have 7.86 X 1025 molecules of C3H8O, how many mol C3H8O of do you have? A. 4.73 X 1049 mol B. 7.86 X 1025 mol C. 766 mol D. 131 mol
16. What word describes the molecular shape of CH2S? A. tetrahedral B. trigonal planar C. linear D. none of these
17. If you have a sample of 2.5 mol of Fe2(SO4)3, how many mol of sulfate ion do you have? A. 0.83 mol SO42— B. 2.5 mol SO42— C. 5.0 mol SO42— D. 7.5 mol SO42—
18. Which of these molecules is the most polar? A. HBr B. CO2 C. CCl4 D. CBr4
19. What is the formula mass of Ca(ClO4)2,? A. 107.53 amu B. 174.98 amu C. 238.98 amu D. 139.53 amu
20. In the Lewis structure for NF3, which of the following is true? A. The central atom has 4 covalent bonds. Two single bonds and one double bond. B. The central atom has 3 covalent bonds and 1 lone pair of electrons. C. The central atom has 2 covalent bonds and 2 lone pairs of electrons. D. The central atom has 3 covalent bonds and no lone pairs of electrons.
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.