Map Use, Reading and Interpretation
You are required to explore QGIS, an open-source geographic information system, to produce three choropleth maps. Select a socio-economic indicator (e.g., population density, average income, gross national product, etc.) and make three maps using different classification methods. Each map should come with a title, a scale bar, and a legend/key to explain its contents. Examine the mapped distribution and comment on their effectiveness.
Software/Tools: • Microsoft Word or Powerpoint 2007 or above • QGIS software (must download and install on device) • SnagIt (screen/image capture tool; must download and install on device)
Note: Please consult supplementary materials for Exercise 2
1. You are required to produce three choropleth maps using QGIS.
Filename Variable Number of classes Classification method Map 1 e.g., Population density 3 – 9 classes Natural Break (Jenks) Map 2 Same as Map 1 Same as Map 1 Equal Interval Map 3 Same as Map 1 Same as Map 1 Quantile (Equal Count)
2. Make sure that each map includes components specified in Step 8 of the supplementary materials for Exercise 2.
(a) Paste all three map images into a Word document. (b) Each map should have a meaningful title that indicates the content, place, and time of the map. (c) Paste the legend. (d) Add a sentence stating the number of classes and method of classification used to make the map. (e) Add a description about the impression you get from the map, such as the area(s) of concentration or the distribution pattern.
3. Compare Maps 1 – 3 and suggest which one is the “best” map based on your understanding of the map content. (150-200 words)
GEOG1005 – Map Use, Reading and Interpretation Page 2 of 2
• Submit the completed exercise no later than 5 pm on 07 March 2014 (Friday).
• The completed exercise should be prepared using word-processing software in a single document (with a header line showing your name and student ID). Convert the document into a PDF file for online submission.
• Submit the PDF file online via the course Moodle on or before the deadline. A 5% per day penalty will be imposed on any late submissions in accordance with regulations of the Department of Geography.
• This exercise is NOT a group project, which means that your submitted work should reflect your own efforts. Were submissions of a twosome or a group of students found similar or identical (in wordings, sentence structures, writing styles and illustrations throughout the whole exercise) and the lecturer and TAs consensually and impartially agreed that the submission was either a replica or a product of group efforts, then the grade will be divided equally by the number of individuals suspected to be conspiring in that “similar” exercise. This will be effective without any deliberated inquiries on the students themselves. To avoid plagiarism or misunderstandings that your work is a duplicate of others work, provide references or citations to your sources, and use your own words (i.e. paraphrase) for any free-form descriptions and explanation.
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.