Spread of canopy – time between old faithful event – hight of old faithful event eruption
This assignment requires you to implement statistical methods as introduced in your BUS105 Class, and to interpret the results or provide a meaningful analysis. It is an individual assignment, and as such, each student is required to submit an individual piece of work.
• Your research topic will be allocated to your by your Lecturer. You cannot change topics without the permission of your lecturer.
• Use only the data your lecturer assigns for you. You are not permitted to use the same data as another student in your class.
• All the analysis must be conducted using Microsoft Excel.
• Your assignment is to be written in Microsoft Word.
• All graphs and tables are to be copied and pasted from Excel into the Word Document (screenshots are not acceptable).
• All graphs and tables must have captions and be referred to in your document.
• The assignment is to be submitted electronically to your lecturer and into Turn It In. The information for enrolment in your Turn It In Class are available on the portal.
• All of the Excel formulas you have used in your assignment must be shown in an appendix at the end of your assignment. These formulas can be displayed using the “show formula” function on the “Formula” Tab.
• Marks will only be awarded if the assignment is correctly submitted as per the above instructions. If the Excel formulas are not present marks will be reduced.
Turn It In Enrolment Information:
Class Number Class ID Password
Class 1 7834000 BUS105
Class 2 7834007 BUS105
Class 50 7833953 BUS105
Question 1: Using the variable assigned to you in class
With the data assigned to you by your lecturer:
1. Display the raw data in a appropriate table (0.5 Mark)
2. Organise your data into a grouped frequency distribution table by:
a. Selecting a suitable number of groups for your data, explaining the reason for your choice of the number. (1 Mark)
b. Selecting a suitable class interval for your data, explaining how you chose this interval and what the interval is. (1 Mark)
c. Organise the data into a grouped frequency table, using the interval discussed in part a, which must include columns for: (6 marks)
ii. Lower boundaries
iii. Upper boundaries
vi. Relative frequency
vii. Cumulative frequency
viii. Cumulative relative frequency
3. Using the grouped information found in part 2, use Excel to calculate: (8 marks)
a. The group mean for your data
b. The grouped standard deviation for your data.
c. The estimated median for your data
d. The estimated mode for your data
4. Using Excel, draw the following graphs for your grouped data: (4 marks)
a. Relative Frequency Histogram
b. Cumulative Frequency Ogive
5. Discuss the results of your research topic using the information obtained from your analysis. You must mention each of the following in your discussion: (8 marks)
a. Shape of the distribution
b. Central tendency
Question 2: Using your assigned bivariate data:
With the bivariate data assigned to you by your lecturer:
1. Record raw data collected in an appropriate table. (0.5 Mark)
2. Construct a scatter diagram of data collected. (1 mark)
3. Obtain the Excel output for regression analysis (you must tick the labels box). (0.5 mark)
4. Using your output from (c) give the value of the correlation coefficient between your two variables. (0.5 mark)
5. Provide an interpretation of the correlation coefficient from (d) in terms of your variables. (1.5 mark)
6. Using your output from (c) give the value of the coefficient of determination between your two variables. (0.5 marks)
7. Provide an interpretation of the coefficient of determination from (f) in terms of your variables. (1.5 mark)
8. Discuss at least two possible factors that could be involved in the relationship between your chosen variables. (1 mark)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT ?
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.