“What is Sport” by Roland Barthes
2. “Death in the afternoon” by Ernest Hemingway
3. “On Bullfighting” by A. L. Kennedy
Select the statement from Barthes which you believe most loudly compels a close comparative reading of Hemingway and Kennedy. The Barthes statement ought to be no
longer than one or two sentences.
In this three- to four-page synthesis paper you will make a close reading of Hemingway and Kennedy in relation to that Barthes statement.
Be clear: Barthes opens up an area for discussion, but the thesis and body of paper are exclusive to Hemingway and Kennedy.
Overall Requirements for Synthesis
This is a short thesis-driven paper. As such, it requires everything expected of a thesis: originality, precision, depth, insight, focus. You are asked to make every
effort to go beyond the expected when reflecting on Hemingway and Kennedy.
Your thesis will be closely pursued through the paper. Each paragraph will serve to prove your thesis through a relevant main idea stated clearly in a topic sentence.
Each piece of evidence from text will be analyzed in terms its significance to your argument. It is not good enough to leave the quotation hanging there; you must
react to it.
Lengthy quotation is not permitted; you must choose wisely and well, selecting that which speaks most directly and succinctly to your thesis.
Paper Organization for Synthesis
1. Place your short Barthes statement at the very beginning of your introductory paragraph. Yes, as the very first thing in the paper.
2. Contextualize: who is writing? what is the title of the piece? Explicate: what is at issue in this statement? This will lead into the topic for your synthesis
3. Begin to set out your synthesis topic clearly, in sentences that show progress of thought: how does Barthes open up a topic area in the literature of bullfighting?
4. And how does that topic play through Hemingway’s and Kennedy’s writing about bullfighting?
5. Now get specific: the Hemingway-Kennedy thesis constructed within that topic. How are your authors connected? Your thesis is your argument within that connection.
6. Each body paragraph will serve to prove your thesis through a relevant main idea stated clearly in a topic sentence.
7. Within each paragraph: judicious choice of evidence (textual quotation, followed by MLA in-text citation) to support main ideas, followed by measured analysis of
that evidence. Each piece of evidence from text will be analyzed in terms its significance to your argument. It is not good enough to leave the quotation hanging
there; you must respond to it.
8. Your conclusion should strive for far more than a simple reproduction and summary of the paper’s main ideas. Take the space afforded by that paragraph… and reflect,
consider the ramifications of your line of argument, think about returning us to the key quotation, this time recast in different form… in other words, leave the
reader both satisfied and curious.
TO ORDER FOR THIS QUESTION OR A SIMILAR ONE, CLICK THE ORDER NOW BUTTON AND ON THE ORDER FORM, FILL ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS THEN TRACE THE DISCOUNT CODE,
TYPE IT ON THE DISCOUNT BOX AND CLICK ON ‘USE CODE’ TO EFFECT YOUR DISCOUNT. THANK YOU
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.